On July 26, 2019 Lennox Worldwide, Inc., issued a voluntary recall of their Pure Pig Ears for canines as a result of they could be contaminated with Salmonella.
Thus far, the corporate is conscious of two canines which have change into unwell. The affected batches had been shipped nationwide between Could 1 and July 3, 2019.
In response to Canine Meals Advisor, “these circumstances could also be associated to the continued FDA investigation of Salmonella sickness related to what seems to be a a number of supply.” Nevertheless, they didn’t touch upon whether or not this case is expounded to the current string of drug-resistant Salmonella circumstances recognized in people in 33 states.
The affected pig ears are equipped in an 8-pack branded pouch below UPC 742174 995163 and 742174994166.
They’re additionally out there in an individually shrink-wrapped bundle below UPC 0385384810 and 742174P35107.
All UPC codes are positioned on the entrance label of the bundle.
The next low decision product picture was supplied by Lennox Worldwide together with the recall announcement:
Salmonella is a dangerous micro organism that may trigger sickness in folks and pets. Signs embrace: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, stomach cramping and fever.
In uncommon circumstances, extra severe illnesses comparable to arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle ache, eye irritation, and urinary tract signs might happen.
The CDC recommends the next precautions to guard your self in opposition to Salmonella an infection:
Whereas Feeding Your Canine
- At all times wash your palms completely with cleaning soap and water proper after dealing with pet meals or treats, together with pig ears.
- When attainable, retailer pet meals and treats away from the place human meals is saved or ready and away from the attain of younger kids.
- Don’t use your pet’s feeding bowl to scoop meals. Use a clear, devoted scoop, spoon, or cup.
- At all times comply with any storage directions on pet meals luggage or containers.
- Don’t let your pet lick your mouth or face after it eats pet meals or treats.
- Don’t let your pet lick any open wounds or areas with damaged pores and skin.
- For those who do play together with your pet after it has simply eaten, wash your palms and any a part of your physique it licked with cleaning soap and water.
- At all times wash your palms completely with cleaning soap and water after touching unpackaged pet treats, comparable to meals or treats in bulk bins.
What Ought to You Do If You Have Affected Merchandise?
You probably have bought Lennox Worldwide Pure Pig Ears with the above UPC codes, discontinue giving them to your canine instantly. For those who or your canine have signs of sickness, search medical consideration.
Customers with correct receipt might return the merchandise to the retailer they bought them from. Or they could contact the corporate at 800-538-8980, Monday to Friday, 9 to five pm, for a refund or further data.
Customers may electronic mail the corporate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. residents can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet meals merchandise by calling the client criticism coordinator in your space.
Or go to https://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
Canadians can report any well being or security incidents associated to using this product by filling out the Shopper Product Incident Report Type.
Would you like a more healthy happier canine? Be part of our electronic mail listing we’ll donate 1 meal to a shelter canine in want!